Friday, March 25, 2022

Shaving Cream Leftovers

Shaving Cream Leftovers -- did you attend the Shaving Cream class?  If you missed it, here's a link showing the cards we made.   When working with this technique, I always make extras and set them aside.  This way I only have to get super messy once!

Here are a few cards I made with those extras I made.  Believe it or not they still have a slight scent of the shaving cream from three years ago!!


On this piece, I used Calming Camellia (Sale A Bration set).  I used Balmy Blue ink and my Stamparatus so I could stamp as many times as I wanted to get the shade I wanted.  I cleaned my stamp and only inked up the leaves and stem using one of my green inks (I cannot tell which color I used for sure!).

I then trimmed the image down to 3-3/4 X 5 and layered on a piece of Pacific Point cardstock.  Then I glued it to the Basic White base.  I die cut the layer for the sentiment using the Scallop Contour dies.  The sentiment is from Celebrating You.


For the pink shaving cream, I thought I'd use one of my favorite stamp sets, even though it's retired, Magnolia Blooms.  Keep in mind, I had no clue what I was going to do with these images!


And here's the finished card.  I glued two flowers down on the "scrap" piece of embossed Very Vanilla and popped the third up on dimensionals.  The sentiment is also from Celebrating You and is popped up:


This last card was a bit tricky with stems and flowers.  I just kept cleaning and reinking the areas that I wanted.  I should have created a mask!  But I was playing and had fun!


After die-cutting the flowers, using the Shaded Summer Bundle, I then had to decide how to use these pieces.  Since I had a layer in my scraps, I mounted the flowers on it and blued to a Balmy Blue base.  Again, the sentiment is from Celebrating You.  Here's what I came up with!


Come back tomorrow for a couple of more shaving cream cards I made.

Happy Crafting,

Desiree'

No comments:

Post a Comment