Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Using Your 6 X 6 Designer Series Papers

Today's post is all about using your 6 X 6 Designer Series Papers (DSP).  Keep in mind that you can use these tips for 12 X 12 DSP as well.

The first four cards I'm showing are made with one sheet of 6 X 6 DSP.  Basically, all I did was cut the DSP into quarters, so each is 3 X 3 square.  I then mounted this onto 3-1/4 X 3-1/4 matting.  I added one more layer of matting because I decided I didn't want that much white showing.  This mat is 3-1/2 X 3-1/2.  I centered each on a piece of Basic White cardstock and stamped a sentiment.  The sentiments on these cards are from the Special Moments stamp set from Sale-A-Bration.  


I now have four beautiful cards ready to send!





This last card was made from scraps of 6 X 6 DSP.  You don't have to wait for scraps to make this style of card.  I just cut 1/2"strips and mounted on a mat (1").  To get my spacing right, I placed the left and then the right piece on first.  I then placed the other two down so I could see where I wanted to glue them down.  The butterfly is shimmery and cut using the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle.  The Thank You is from a retired set, Blended Seasons. 


I'm also including a card that has the strips go all the way down the front of the card.  Play with different lengths to see what you like best!


Happy Crafting,

Desiree'


No comments:

Post a Comment