Monday, April 4, 2022

String Art Scraps


A while ago, I played with what I call String Art.  I placed my twine in a plate with ink refill on it.  I then swirled the twine on my basic white cardstock in a book.  Then pulled the string.  Since I was playing, I had leftover pieces.  Here are cards that I finished using these leftover pieces!

So first I stamped some leaves on this "scrap."  I then went through my Paper Pumpkin leftovers and used this Old Olive Thanks tag.  What do you think?

   

Next is a simple, but elegant Thankyou Card.  This sentiment is from the Celebrating You stamp set.  

                                           

Lastly, look closely at these two cards.  They are a mirror image - I placed cardstock on both sides of my opened book and wound the twine on one sheet.  Closed the book and pulled the twine.  I then had two images to work with!

Using different bases and layering colors, I made two different cards.  



I hope you will give this technique a try.  If you'd like a class on this, let me know!

Happy Crafting,
Desiree'

 

No comments:

Post a Comment