Monday, October 3, 2016

Halloween Wreath

This was fun!  I really love how this turned out.  





I used 1-1/2 X 12 inch strips of retired Designer Series Papers.  I then used the Banner Triple Punch to flag all the ends.

I found some cardboard from a picture frame (box was from a 22X24 frame) and cut out a circle -- now what did I use to keep it round?  I used a bowl and a pen and then cut out with scissors.  I painted the one side just in case anything was going to show through.  


Thanks to a tip from my upline, Susie Wood, I was able to better place my flags.  TIP: Just glue the tips of the flags around the wreath, so you can move and add flags where you want.  This made it so much easier.  I used 28 flags for this wreath.  And I glued the hanger inside the last flag!  




For my words, I went to my Cricut.  I love using this for the larger items I need for my projects.  I layered my letters on 2" Pumpkin Pie circles and then layered those on the 2-1/2" Basic Black circles.  I popped these up with dimensionals for a little lift.




I don't have the Paisley Framelit Dies, so I used my reliable Owl Builder punch for the ghosts.  And the face is stamped on, using the new Spooky Fun stamp set in the Holiday Catalog.




In afterthought, I think a larger ghost hanging from fishing line in the center would be a great addition.  




Leave me a comment on what you think of this cute Halloween project!

Happy Crafting,

Desiree'

No comments:

Post a Comment