Thursday, January 26, 2017

Sweet Little Ladybug

Today's share was inspired by my sister, Marilyn.  She is always on the lookout for ideas for my crafting.  This was something she spotted in a Current magazine and I told her, "Oh, I can make that with my Curvy Keepsake die!"  

So, with the help of a few tools, here's what I came up with.



For the ears, I mounted two hearts on wire -- for the rest of these, I plan on using window sheets cut into strips.  For the head, I used the smaller balloon from our Balloon Bouquet punch, 140609, located on page 187 of our Annual catalog.  I punched two of these so I can place the wire/window sheet between the two heads.  

I used google eyes and the white chalk maker to create the mouth.  For the black circles, I am going to try using a dauber next time as for this project I used the eraser found on your pencil.  But this took quite a long time to stamp all four sides with the small eraser!

I have many customers that stop and look at my critters and ask, "What do you put inside?"  I always tell them jewelry is a nice touch -- especially an engagement ring or diamond earrings if you wanted to surprise your loved one.  Me?  I put Hershey Kisses inside these for Valentine's Day.  

This will be one of the "critters" you can choose to make in my two- or four-item gift class.   

I hope you enjoy today's share and will stop in to see me soon at Desiree's Craftroom located inside the Branson Mill Craft Village.

Happy Crafting,

Desiree'

No comments:

Post a Comment