Friday, August 28, 2015

Happy Birthday!

Today is my baby brother's birthday and this is the basic card I made for him.  I dressed ours up a little by adding the Basic Jewels.



This card is made using the Whisper White cardstock.  I chose this so you can see the difference in weight!  I did mount this on a piece of Basic Black cardstock to give it some more umph.  Is that a word?  

I used the Back to Black retired Designer Series Paper for the background and added a little Bermuda Bay cardstock to give it some contrast.  I then added two thinner strips of Bermuda Bay cardstock to highlight the heart.  We're going to use the Hearts Framelits for this card and we'll be heat embossing our words so they pop!  

I didn't have enough of the Neutrals Candy Dots, so I made mine using the Owl Builder Punch and Basic Black cardstock scraps.  I added these to the Bermuda Bay strips -- I like how it turned out!

I hope you enjoy today's card and don't forget to put September 6th or the 26th Card Class on your schedule so you can join me in making this card!


Happy Crafting,

Desiree'

No comments:

Post a Comment