Monday, August 3, 2015

Stars from Convention


One of the demonstrations at Convention this year was this beautiful star.  This first one is made with 6 X 6 square Designer Series Paper (Typeset).  This particular DSP is really thin, but I think it came out great.



My second star was a bit more challenging because I wanted to do a smaller star.  Duh--I didn't think about the cutting measurement to form the points and did five stars before I got two that were perfect.  Chic N Scratch has a video on YouTube that you can follow nicely.  Here's a link to her video:  https://youtu.be/6Wgdn3piXpU.

On this second one, which is 4 X 4 square Designer Series Paper, I cut just a little bit less than half way in.  Then when I started my fold, if I saw it wasn't enough, I cut a little bit more.



I really like how these turned out.  Let me know if you'd like to have a Christmas Gift class where we can make one of these!

Happy Crafting,

Desiree'

No comments:

Post a Comment