Saturday, August 29, 2015

You're In My Thoughts

Are you a paper hoarder?  If you haven't seen a trend, I'll point it out for you!  I'm using the retired Back to Black Designer Series Paper (DSP) for the September Card Classes.  Would you believe I had five packages of this DSP?  I found this card on Pinterest and fell in love with the simplicity of it. A big shout out to Mary Fish, Stampin' Pretty, for this inspiration.



I cut a piece of the Basic Black cardstock and mounted on the Whisper White.  I then added a piece of the Back to Black DSP and used the 2-1/2 circle punch and cut another coordinating piece of the Back to Black DSP.   I added a little color using the red ribbon.  If you wanted to take more time, you could use your markers or blender pens and color the flowers and leaves on the circle.  I chose to keep it simple.  I then stamped the words from the stamp set A Dozen Thoughts.  This stamp set has a lot of phrases that could be used, so it is a very useful set to have around.

I used dimensionals to pop the phrase off the circle.  I used the small scallop punch and my paper snips to cut the scallop to look like a flower.  I used some retired Neutrals buttons for the center of the flower.  You could also use the Owl Builder Punch and/or candy dots for the center.  I used a glue dot to attach the flower.  

All of this was then mounted on a Basic Black base and I also have words stamped inside on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.

I hope you enjoy today's card and will join us for one of my two September Card Classes.

Happy Crafting,

Desiree'

No comments:

Post a Comment