Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Floral Explosion Book

Do you check out the clearance items at Home Depot, Lowes, or Menards?  Maybe some other Big Tool Store?  

Well, I love to look for bargains and when I see them, I buy them!  I found three rolls of border wall paper on clearance a few years back and kept them for a reason.  Well, the first book I made using these border papers was for my great nephew, Sebastian.  I had paper that had dolphins on it and since he lived in Florida, this was perfect.

Today's share is an explosion book I made using another roll of border paper.  I love the pinks and purples in this roll!  I started out using the sturdier cardboard from Stampin' Up! designer series paper.  I cut it down to 5 X 5 squares and then covered them with the border wall paper.  I then covered the inside with cardstock.  






I made my explosion book, using three pieces of whisper white cardstock and cutting them down to 8 X 8.  I scored at 4 inches on both sides.  I then aligned my square piece of paper on my paper trimmer, point to point on the grid so I could score just the one time.  

Taking care, I folded mountain and valley folds to create the explosion.  I used some Stampin' Up! papers and cardstock to compliment the book.  

Be sure to leave me a comment on what your favorite part of this book is!

Happy Crafting,

Desiree'

No comments:

Post a Comment